By the time you're eighty years old you've learned everything. You only have to remember it.
~ George Burns ~
But, what if you forget?
- Specialized diagnostic testing: differential psychiatric diagnosis, dementia diagnosis and staging
- Consultation and individualized care planning: medications, therapy, life-style modifications, hypnosis, biofeedback, medicinal foods, end of life planning and end of life care.
- Caregiver and Family support: psychiatric care for caregivers (diagnosis and treatment), care planning family conferences
- Psychiatric Medical Home Model: Group Care, shared medical visits for persons with dementia and their caregivers
- Group therapy for geriatric depression, anxiety, caregiving challenges
- Coordination of care with primary care clinicians and other health-care professionals
- Comprehensive Frailty Assessment and Care Planning
- Consultations for psychiatric and primary care clinicians; supervision of graduate students that may provide pro bono cognitive screening and therapy at the Psychiatric Wellness and Dementia Care, LLC
Medications management, therapy, biofeedback, neurofeedback, clinical hypnosis
- Our first two intake appointments will be 60 minutes each.
In-person initial evaluation is preferred, but telemedicine appointment (via video conferencing) can sometimes be offered.
We will have an opportunity to:
- Get to know each other
- Review your medical, psychiatric history and medications (please bring your medication containers and recent lab results if available)
- Work in close partnership to start identifying target symptoms and establishing therapy goals
- Persons with dementia will participate in cognitive screening, psychiatric and basic neurological evaluations. Every person with dementia is requested to attend initial evaluation with their caregiver
- Caregivers that establish individual psychiatric care will receive psychiatric evaluation, cognitive screening, caregiving stress and caregiver activation (knowledge, readiness for caregiving) screening
Follow-up therapy and medication management appointments range from 30-50 minutes
- These appointments can be scheduled in person or via telemedicine (video conferencing)
- In many cases we will continue screening and evaluation during the first follow-up appointment
- You may be asked to obtain laboratory tests and or neuroimaging
- In case of complicated neurodegenerative diagnoses you may be asked to obtain consultation at the UW Memory Disorders Clinic
- You may receive prescription medications and a recommendation for over the counter supplements. Please remember that it is crucial to take medications daily as prescribed!!!
- To monitor medications effectiveness and potential side effects, please fill out daily symptom monitoring work-sheets
Questions? Please contact me for further information (click here).