EmWave technology is an innovative approach to improving wellness and facilitating personal growth based on learning to change your heart rhythm pattern to create coherence; a scientifically measurable state characterized by increased order and harmony in our psychological and physiological processes. With emWave products, you learn to control your physiology through breathing along with your heart rhythms and focusing on positive emotions. emWave technology collects pulse data and translates the information from your heart rhythms into graphics on your computer or into easy to follow lights on the portable emWave2. As you focus on a positive emotion and breathe along with your heart rhythms, you will see the graphs and lights change to reflect your level of coherence. As you practice on the go or at your computer you increase your ability to take charge of your emotional reactions. Your health, sleep, relationships and quality of life improve.
Click Here to watch an introduction to Biofeedback video
produced by Dr. Zarah Kushner
To learn more or to purchase biofeedback technology please click on the picture bellow:
pRoshi is a form of EDF (Electroencephalographic Disentrainment Feedback), which is a type of brainwave entrainment which uses variable light or magnetic stimulation to disentrain or “reset” the brain’s activity to a more desired state. The stimulation can be set so that the frequency of the stimulation varies depending on your existing dominant brainwaves. pRoshi works by utilizing lights to play individual’s own brainwave patterns back to them. When the brain reads these patterns, it starts working to correct the apparent errors in its own patterns, seeking coherence, synchrony and balance. This effort calls for more energy, thus more blood flow and this increases the overall neurometabolism. For example, ADD/ADHD, Dementia, Bipolar and many other neuropathologies usually have lower than usual blood flow in certain areas of the brain. pRoshi normalizes brain wave and brain blood flow, resulting in improved clearer thinking, energy, sleep, mood and overall performance. Over time, as the brain learns to function at a maximum performance, it is possible that pRoshi brain training could reduce individual's reliance on medications. pRoshi training may allow a person to improve the brain’s ability to self-regulate. Research indicates this training rebalances the brain by breaking unhealthy patterns of brain wave activity and by helping the brain to establish a healthy rhythm. Once free of unhealthy patterns, the brain is able to rebalance itself and an individual may experience many improvements in their lives including: better sleep, increased concentration and focus, decreased impulsivity, decreased mental chatter, decreased moodiness or anger, improved memory, reduced anxiety and an increased overall feeling of well-being.
For best results, Neurodynamic Activation Training should be performed under the supervision of a trained clinician.
Dr. Sadak is using pRoshi system as an adjunct to psychiatric medications and therapy.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single thought
The human brain, our most advanced organ, is an intricate and complex network of connections. Largely enigmatic, it’s our own personal machine that can extract patterns from overwhelming amounts of data.
What is the Emotiv Insight?
Emotiv Insight is a sleek, 5 channel, wireless headset that reads your brainwaves and a mobile app that translates those signals into meaningful data everyone can understand.
Here's how it works
Our brains are made up of a hundred billion nerve cells called neurons. When neurons interact through a chemical reaction, they naturally emit a measurable, electrical impulse. Electroencephalography or EEG is the process of observing brainwaves through these pulses. Emotiv Insight measures your brainwaves and translates it into meaningful data to help you make the most of your cognitive performance. The Brainwear can measure, track and help you improve your Attention, Focus, Engagement, Interest, Excitement, Affinity, Relaxation and reduce Stress levels.
Muse: the brain sensing headband will elevate your meditation experience. It gently guides your meditation through changing sounds of weather based on the real-time state of your brain. This allows you to obtain a deeper sense of focus and motivates you to build a highly rewarding practice. Meditation has been scientifically shown to reduce symptoms associated with stress, depression and anxiety as well as improve focus, performance and quality of life.
• Learn the essentials of focussed attention meditation
• Soundscapes include Beach, Rainforest, Desert and others*
• Milestones and rewards to keep you motivated
• Create multiple accounts and share with family and friends
• End of session results and graphs help measure progress
• Exercises contributed by meditation experts to help you learn
Fisher Wallace Brain Stimulator
The Fisher Wallace Stimulator® is cleared by the FDA to treat depression, anxiety and insomnia and has been proven to be safe and effective in multiple published studies, including a published study of depression treatment conducted at Mount Sinai Beth Israel Hospital.
The safety and effectiveness of the Fisher Wallace Stimulator® has been documented in multiple published studies, including a study of bipolar depression conducted at Mount Sinai Beth Israel Hospital and published in the Journal of Nervous and Mental Disease in 2015. The device is also used by top substance abuse clinics such as Phoenix House where it increased rehab retention by 50% in a 392-subject pilot program conducted in 2009.
Brain Wave Training
How Brainwave Entrainment With EquiSync® Can Change Your Life
Your brain has nerve cells that fire electrical signals day and night, forming distinctive arrangements called brainwave patterns. These highly unique patterns are closely connected to your thoughts, emotions, moods, biological chemistry, everything you do, and really, everything that you are.
Because EquiSync® sound technology guides you into different mind states (and various states of meditation) via brainwave entrainment, it is helpful to understand the different frequencies and how they contribute to your state of consciousness.
Since most of us spend our days in the beta state, EquiSync excludes the beta brainwave frequencies, and entrains only those responsible for the most beneficial brainwave states: alpha, theta, and delta waves.
Beta Waves — 13-40 Hz: Brainwave Entrainment Benefits
- ✓ The beta wave is the predominant frequency when we are fully awake and alert.
- ✓ Active awareness directed to the outer world.
- ✓ Beta brainwaves are present during stress, paranoia, addiction, worry, bipolar disorder, anger, fear, and anxiety.
- ✓ They are also present during hunger, depression, irritability, and moodiness.
- ✓ Insomnia is the result of producing excessive beta waves.
- ✓ Associated with excessive mind chatter and self-destructive impulses.
- ✓ Too much time in the beta state weakens the immune system.
- ✓ Beta brainwaves make up much of our conscious mind.
Alpha Waves — 7-13 Hz: Brainwave Entrainment Benefits
- ✓ The alpha state is where meditation and relaxation begins.
- ✓ We start to encounter the wealth of effortless creativity flowing just beneath our conscious state.
- ✓ We experience alpha waves when we are focused yet deeply relaxed.
- ✓ Studies have shown the alpha state has been associated with “peak performance.” Elite athletes produce alpha brainwaves prior to highly concentrated performance (shooting a free throw, hitting an important golf shot). Amateur athletes produce more of the anxiousbeta brainwaves.
- ✓ In the alpha state we learn, process, memorize and recollect large sums of information fast and with peak effectiveness.
- ✓ Highly creative people have been shown to have "bursts" of alpha waves when they have good ideas.
- ✓ Alpha waves are thought to make the brain "act young" again.
- ✓ In the alpha state fears, habits, and phobias begin to melt away.
- ✓ Alpha brainwaves bring an effortless sense of comfort, peace, happiness, and harmony.
- ✓ Alpha waves are best for "super learning".
- ✓ Alpha waves dominate the first layer of our subconscious mind.
- ✓ A gateway to deeper states of awareness.
Theta Waves — 4-7 Hz: Brainwave Entrainment Benefits
- ✓ Theta brainwaves become prominent when we go deeper into meditation and relaxation — “almost trance-like”.
- ✓ Here, brain activity decelerates to the threshold of the sleep stage.
- ✓ One of the more indescribable and wonderful realms we can explore.
- ✓ Theta waves produce flashes of creative visualization through vivid imagery.
- ✓ In the theta state we feel much more open and connected to other people.
- ✓ People often report a feeling of floating while producing theta brainwaves.
- ✓ Theta waves are thought to bring out a person’s dormant extrasensory perception (ESP) skills.
- ✓ The theta state heightens problem-solving skills.
- ✓ Having dominant theta brainwaves are correlated with insight and intuition.
- ✓ Associated with lucid dreaming.
- ✓ Theta waves bring inspired thought and increased motivation.
- ✓ Sometimes long-forgotten memories come to the surface.
- ✓ Children have strong theta brainwaves, which helps to explain their superior ability to learn.
- ✓ Theta waves are briefly experienced as we climb out of the depths of delta upon waking, or when falling asleep.
- ✓ The theta state is the deeper subconscious to unconscious part of the mind.
Delta Waves — 0-4 Hz: Brainwave Entrainment Benefits
- ✓ Delta waves are the deepest level of meditation.
- ✓ The delta state is associated with “no thinking” during deep, dreamless sleep.
- ✓ Delta brainwaves are very rewarding.
- ✓ Delta waves are said to be the entrance to non-physical states of reality.
- ✓ A crucial state for renewal, healing, and rejuvenation.
- ✓ The immune system strengthens in the delta state.
- ✓ Delta waves are linked to the unconscious part of our mind.
- ✓ Many scientists believe delta waves to be the most beneficial.