By the time you're eighty years old you've learned everything. You only have to remember it.
~ George Burns ~
But, what if you forget?
- Specialized diagnostic testing: differential psychiatric diagnosis, dementia diagnosis and staging
- Bredesen ReCode Reversing Cognitive Decline Protocol implementation
- Functional Medicine laboratory testing - based care planning: nutrigenomics, nutraeval, comprehensive GI assessment
- Consultation and individualized care planning: medications, therapy, life-style modifications, hypnosis, biofeedback, medicinal foods
- End of life planning and support for care partners who's loved one is at the end of their life
- Care Partner and Family support: psychiatric care for care partners (diagnosis and treatment), care planning family conferences
- Psychiatric Medical Home Model: Small group shared medical visits for persons with dementia and their caregivers. Provides opportunity to learn from others who are facing similar challenges and to spend more time with the clinician
- Group therapy for geriatric depression, anxiety, caregiving challenges
- Coordination of care with primary care clinicians and other health-care professionals
- Comprehensive Frailty Assessment and Care Planning
- Consultations for psychiatric and primary care clinicians
- Supervision of graduate students that may provide pro bono cognitive screening and therapy at the Psychiatric Wellness and Dementia Care, LLC
Medications management, therapy, biofeedback, neurofeedback, clinical hypnosis, neutrogenomics
- Our first two intake appointments will be 60 minutes each.
In-person initial evaluation is preferred, but telemedicine appointment (via video conferencing) can sometimes be offered.
We will have an opportunity to:
- Get to know each other
- Review your medical, psychiatric history and medications (please bring your medication containers and recent lab results if available)
- Work in close partnership to start identifying target symptoms and establishing therapy goals
- Persons with dementia will participate in cognitive screening, psychiatric and basic neurological evaluations. Every person with dementia is requested to attend initial evaluation with their caregiver
- Caregivers that establish individual psychiatric care will receive psychiatric evaluation, cognitive screening, caregiving stress and caregiver activation (knowledge, readiness for caregiving) screening
Follow-up therapy and medication management appointments range from 30-50 minutes
- These appointments can be scheduled in person or via telemedicine (video conferencing)
- In many cases we will continue screening and evaluation during the first follow-up appointment
- You may be asked to obtain laboratory tests and or neuro-imaging
- You may receive prescription medications and a recommendation for over the counter supplements. Please remember that it is crucial to take medications daily as prescribed
- To monitor medications effectiveness and potential side effects, please fill out daily symptom monitoring work-sheet
Questions? Please contact Dr. Sadak for further information (click here)